Today’s podcast guest, Aila Malik, will teach us how to create positive change for good and build communities through small acts of kindness.“We as humankind cannot surpass, and overcome, and fix, and resolve these systemic challenges unless we learn how to connect with each other and how to create a community and an ethos of kindness.” Click To Tweet
Can we solve the systematic and environmental challenges we are constantly facing in today’s world? Now more than ever, humanity has to come together and unite forces to deal with the crisis we have created. Today’s podcast guest, Aila Malik, will teach us how to create positive change for good and build communities through small acts of kindness. Aila is convinced that the way to move forward as a society and drive impact in scale is by engaging with others and building meaningful connections.
Aila Malik, mother of 3 children, wife, blogger, conscious consumer and full-time activist, is a lawyer by schooling and a social worker by heart. She is the owner and founder of Venture Leadership Consulting, a team of goal-oriented, data-driven strategic thinkers that drive system-wide improvements on society through targeted ventures. Using the power of social media and technology for good, Malik inspires people to spread connection and kindness by taking action in their own communities with intentionality.
Discover how Aila’s 40th birthday became a meaningful way to see other people, honor relationships, and stand true to her values with the #CommunityKindnessParty. Learn all the lessons that Aila experienced with the Franklin Street Globetrotters during her year-long journey and how she fully engages in life with love and gratitude. As a change agent, Aila wants you to make a positive impact in the world. Tune in to this episode and be inspired to take action!
- 02:25 – The Story of the Community Kindness Party, a social media campaign that motivates people to embark on selfless acts of kindness and share them with others.
- 05:10 – How she and her husband realized their dream of traveling the world with the whole family and the lessons she learned.
- 09:59 – Small acts of kindness: the building blocks for social impact and how they can create positive change for good.
- 12:57 – Why awareness is key to build authentic and meaningful connections and how your intrinsic motivation and civic engagement can turn you into a change agent.
- 22:04 – Intentionality and impact as a profession: Strategies and methodologies to drive impact in scale by implementing Theory of Change with non-profits.
- 26:43 – Impact as the accountability factor in the non-profit sector and how to effectively set measurable goals to drive intentionality.
- 31:05 – Driving innovation in the non-profit sector by the sharing and dissemination of data and research.
- 37:39 – Immersion, connection, and departure: How to build trust when facing a limited time for change management.
Connect with Aila
Use the hashtag: #CommunityKindnessParty
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
The Alchemist by Paulo Cohelo